CCDP was the lead consultant for the installation of a biomass boiler and heating system, which replaced fossil fuels as an energy source and significantly reducing the estate’s running costs and carbon emmissions.
The scope included converting an existing Dutch barn to house all plant and fuel.
Now the trust also benefits from cheaper local woodchip fuel and receives a Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) payment.
- Reviewing energy use of each property and strategic recommendations
- Administering the design and tendering process
- Conversion of existing Dutch Barn for plant and fuel storage
- Planning and building warrant applications
- Installing two 200kw ETA biomass boilers and backup boiler
- Ensuring integration with existing heating systems in remote properties
- Estate heating demand met
- Reduced running costs, including cost-effective use of local woodchip
- Income from RHI
- 160,000 kg CO2 or 90% reduction in carbon emissions (from heating)
- Payback period of 8 years against capital investment