This was a benchmark brownfield development in Scotland, combining exceptional building design, fit-out and stringent environmental credentials: setting the tone for the development in Aberdeen’s North Dee Business Quarter.
CO2 emissions were reduced by more than 40% and the building was the first in Scotland to achieve excellent BREEAM rating at post-construction stage.
For GDF Suez this building has brought all staff together under one roof, while allowing for further growth.
- Implemented ‘BREEAM in use’ principles to reduce running costs and ensure hard work invested at the outset is sustained over the life of the building
- Comprehensive review of building materials and specified plant
- IT infrastructure integrated with London office
- Building management system installed to monitor and control all mechanical and electrical equipment including heating, lighting, power and security systems
- Solar panels to provide up to 28kW, roughly equal to 112 personal computers and screens: half the workforce in the building
- Maintenance programme consultation
- BREEAM excellent rating in the face of stringent energy credit criteria
- EPC A achieved
- Low carbon emissions
- Catalyst for significant economic contribution to North Dee business quarter
- Improved IT resilience
- 28% improvement in building water consumption
- Grid consumption reduced by implementing PV array
- Reduced running costs