Opened to the public in July 2007, this multi-million pound centre, which has been awarded a 4-star ‘excellent leisure centre’ rating from VisitScotland, is among the best in Scotland. It includes a six-lane competition pool, changing villages, a fitness suite and five-a-side pitches.
We were working with a complex mechanical and electrical infrastructure and had to ensure the services wouldn’t be affected by the highly chlorinated environment, whilst also being aesthetically pleasing.
- Mechanical and electrical services included: external water/fire, gas and internal hot and cold water, above ground drainage, ventilation, underfloor heating, comfort cooling and automatic controls
- Electrical services included: incoming power supply, switchboard, earthing, lighting, power, panic alarm, disabled toilet alarm system, HVAC power supplies
- Delivered on budget and on time
- Awarded four star ‘excellent leisure centre’ by VisitScotland
- Recognised Category 1 for unassisted wheelchair access throughout
- Cost savings in terms of capital investment and running costs