This 6,000m2 new-build development has formed the hub in the redevelopment of Technip’s Westhill site.
It included a sophisticated sun-tracking blind system that automatically adjusts to limit glare and solar gain, but enables solar harvesting through separation of the top and bottom halves of the blind, reflecting light deep into the floor plan.
Technip was so impressed that the company sanctioned our involvement in further projects including the refurbishment of an adjacent 3,000m2 office building, construction of a new ROV shed and new staff gym facilities.
- Mechanical services included building management system (BMS), air conditioning, heat recovery on the ventilation plant, heat source pumps and piped water
- Electrical services included HV and LV distribution, UPS, standby generation, lighting, fire alarms and voice evacuation and security as well as CCTV
- Energy and sustainability services included EPC, SBEM calculations, thermal modelling and U-value calculations
- Energy modelling and building simulation
- Bill of quantities and financial
- Performance monitoring
- Delivered on time and budget
- Reduced energy costs and carbon emissions
- Improve standard energy targets
- Awarded EPC band B
- Improved business continuity
- Safety systems