The new £5.5million homelessness accommodation centre and support facility which is situated on the site of the former Victoria House on West North Street.
The development comprises a three storey block of short term supported accommodation for Homeless people. Comprising Individual bedsits with en-suite facilities, communal areas comprising Kitchen, laundry, lounge and staff accommodation.
A separate six-storey block provides 20 flats, ranging from one to four bedrooms, for independent living for homeless people in a secure setting.
The combination of self-contained flats and supported accommodation with staffing, catering and service areas will help towards meeting current statutory needs of homeless households while remaining flexible for future use.
- Design of Communal Heating and Connection to the local District Heating Network
- Pressurised Hot and Cold water supplies
- Sprinkler and Fire Suppression systems
- High Efficiency Low energy fluorescent and LED lighting
- Low Maintenance and Cost effective building servicess
- Reduced Heating Costs
- 45% reduction in Carbon Emissions compared to traditional primary heat sources
- Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Secure Accommodation and controlled entry
- Life Safety fire protection systems